Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

"Rocking" our Babies

In the world of sacrifice, there are very few occupations in the world that cause someone to give more of themselves than motherhood. The love, the time, the dedication. What a mother will give up for her children is endless. I would lay down my own life for my sweet babies. 

HOWEVER, I will not, I shall not, I shan't give up my right to ROCK! Yes, I will admit the CD player in my ruby-red minivan is indeed filled with Veggie Tales, Mary Poppins and Sunday School Classics. After all, there is a time and place for everything.  Nevertheless, when you see us cruisin' down the road, heads a bobbin', spankin' that air bass, I can guarantee you, Julie Andrews is not the cause of the commotion.  My boys know more Switchfoot and Toby Mac lyrics than most grown men! I don't shelter them from their crazy Mom's abilities to jam.  I figure they'll either hate it about me or love it about me. I think at this point in their lives, I'm still riding the wave of cool and they have not yet realized my potential to embarrass them.  Noah has even asked if he and I could go to a rock concert together someday.  Every mother's dream!

I've traded in my purse for a luxurious Menard's Backpack on rebate with padded shoulder straps.  I've given up my SUV for the convenience and space accommodations of a minivan.  I've said goodbye to Victoria's Secret and hello to affordable, conservative cotton 6 packs from the dollar store. There are very few ways in which I can sink any further into this Mom-gig.  But, true to my soul, to the depths of my heart, I will rock until the day I die. Probably wearing a cozy pair of Mom jeans. 

Check out my favorite band and give them a listen -
http://www.switchfoot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment